Sunday, April 04, 2021

Jesus is our Savior and Guide




I awoke this Easter morning, once again looking at the day as another step across the endless wasteland. My journey through this life seems like the journey we see in this picture as I put one step ahead of the other, looking ahead at what appears to be a hopeless trudge across empty, burned, barren lands.
I know I'm not the only one facing this same journey across this same wasteland and I have words of encouragement for you all.

Although the journey seems hard and sometimes useless, there really IS beauty on the other side. We just have to keep on taking one step after the other and this desolation WILL end in a country worth every step we've taken. We can't give up.
 
Every cliff I've encountered, every chasm I've had to cross, there has always been SOMEone helping me. Not so much smoothing the way as helping me to have the strength and resourcefulness to overcome the obstacle and continue on.

Today is just another day, I know. Just another one of those slow tortuous steps except for one thing. Today is a reminder that the journey, whether you have an easy one or one like this picture; the journey leads to a great land of warmth, sunshine, peace, love and companionship. It's all out there, just beyond the horizon...all we have to do is just keep walking and realize...here's the key: Realize that our Savior made this journey, through the worst of it, crossing more and deeper chasms, larger and higher cliffs. He did it to show us the way and to take on the worst of it. He knows what the quest is really like and He helps us over the worst, if we but let Him.

I know there are some who know very little about the sacrifices our Lord and Savior made for us and I hope they can take comfort from what I say here and maybe even be inspired to learn more. Jesus Christ traveled even rougher and more barren paths than these and He didn't have to. He volunteered for this journey in order to give you and me hope, direction, encouragement and a well marked trail to follow.
 
Today, we celebrate his conquest even over death. His mastery over everything that this world could throw at Him. All so that we could know that the journey, no matter how hard or easy for each of us, has a bright and joyful stage ahead and to show us that there is NO End to our quest but that the quest becomes a celebration, if we but follow and trust in Him.


I KNOW that my Redeemer Lives. I KNOW that Jesus Christ is there, at the other side of my own personal wasteland, urging me on and encouraging me when I fall.

May my words today help someone else along their journey. In Jesus' name; Amen

No comments: