Friday, January 18, 2008

On my way to Tennessee


For those who don't know; I wrote a song called "Cash on the Light" (click on the title for an excerpt) and I have a video of it on youtube.
Shannon Daulton, one of the organizers of the Great Southern Nineball Tour heard it and asked me to come to the tour championships in Chattanooga, TN and play the song live there during their championship tournament January 24-27. so, I got the song recorded on a CD and as soon as the CDs came in I hit the trail for Tennessee. I left Townsend at 10:30AM the 17th with a goal of Cheyenne, WY before I bagged it for the night.
I hit a good blizzard just south of Hardin, MT and it got steadily worse as I kept on heading south. I thought about stopping in Sheridan, WY but figured I'd see if I could at least make Casper. Nope. Here I am in a motel in Buffalo, WY, listening to the wind howl outside and the snow rattle against the window. Hope the Interstate is even open tomorrow!

I know. I've got a week before I have to be in Chattanooga, but I will be stopping along the way, visiting friends and family.
I went out tonight and tried to get a cash pool game somewhere. Lots of guys wanted to play against me but no one would bet on themselves, no matter how badly I shot. I was hoping to at least get som 5 or 10 dollar games but...nothing. So, I'm spending money, not making it.

Anyway, once I get going, I'll keep y'all updated.

No comments: