Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I'm baaack!!

Ok. I know. I’ve been neglecting my blog really bad lately. Here I am again for a quick entry.

I’ve been keeping the highway warm between Townsend and West Yellowstone (West) since our Townsend Gathering ended. I play on Friday at the Parade Rest Ranch in West; run to Virginia City to play at the VC CafĂ© Saturday and Sunday, back to Parade Rest for Monday and then either back to VC for T-W-T or head back to Townsend to glance in the general direction of one or the other of my regular computer customers. Anyway, most of my running is in areas where blog entries are not easy to make.

It’s been fun so far this summer. I’ve also had a couple of gigs in the Big Sky area and one this last weekend at the Bale of Hay Saloon in Virginia City.

This is one of the worst mosquito years in West that I have ever seen. The skeeters around here aren’t very big but they make up for it in numbers…like piranha! If you walk into the tall grass anywhere within 20 miles of West, you may never be seen again!

Actually, I stopped tonight at Story Ditch (a BLM area along 287, between Ennis and West) as I planned on staying there for the night. Before I could even get out of the pickup, there were skeeters on the windows, staring hungrily in at me. I kept on heading upriver to a better place!

I had an interesting time with the >Yellowstone Club in Big Sky. First, they wanted my Contractors Insurance info so they could set me up as a vendor. When that didn’t work out, they found a way around it, I guess, as they finally did contract a small show with me. But, I had heard that it could take as much as 3 months to get a check from them so I insisted on payment up front. Then, they cancelled anyway, so now I have to send them a check for half of the fee already paid to me. Anyway, if you get a call from them, make sure you get your payment set up before hand.

I’ll do a better job of keeping this blog up to date from now on. Maybe I’ll see ya out here somewhere!

No comments: