Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Off the Interstate for a day

Saturday, February 2nd. I was hustling west on Interstate 40. I’d stopped at a rest area somewhere west of Memphis for a couple of hours and was now just rolling on down the highway. But, all I’ve seen was interstate! At exit 193, just decided to take the exit and head generally northwest. Des Arc, AR and then on to Beebe, Arkansas for breakfast. Near Beebe, I saw a highway sign that made a lot of sense to me. I wish I’d taken a picture, but I didn’t think about it at the time. Anyway, Arkansas was nice enough to inform me that “Roadway unsafe when under water”. Short, to the point and likely very true! I had a great breakfast in Beebe Arkansas; Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, toast and coffee for…$3.99.

Then, over to Conway and up US75 to Branson. I figured I’d check Branson out and decide if I was staying for any length of time. Sorry. It reminds me of Vegas a little but more…cardboard? Fake? I don’t know how to say it. If you go to Branson with the goal as staying several days and enjoying the shows, then it looks like a great place to go. During the summer season, when all the best country stars can be seen live; and with plenty of money in your wallet then Branson looks like a lot of fun. I turned my nose north and headed for Kansas City, MO and thus back onto the Interstate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They do have a few good Branson shows worth seeing if you do go through again!