Thursday, May 24, 2007

Finally!! Posting something new!

Ok, I know, it's been a month since I posted anything here. I've been kind of running in many different directions and I'm really not caught up yet.

First, of course, is that Joann Shindoll and I are the primary people involved in setting up the Townsend Cowboy Entertainer Gathering and that pretty much takes up almost all the spare time (?!) we might have. The program book is the biggest part of the whole thing. We personally visit with each business in Broadwater County and with many in Helena and Bozeman, getting ads for the book. These are what pay for all the things we try to do for the performers but it really takes up a huge amount of time and travel.

Then, Joann creates all the ads and she and I get together and assemble the ads and information into the program book for the printer. It's a lot of time, effort and argument that starts in February and goes until the last possible day before the show!

At the same time, both of us are keeping our real jobs going in order to stay alive the rest of the year, I'm booking up a bunch of music jobs and have already done several; Virginia City, Montana is already seeing good business and I'd really like to grab my guitar and be a part of it but not until after the first weekend in June!

Ok. enough crying and whining. I actually really have a great time with our Gathering and we'll have a big bunch of some of the best entertainers in the world right here in Townsend in a week or so. Many of my best friends will be here with me, we'll play music, laugh, talk, complain, fix the problems of the world and in general have a wonderful time. Once we're all together, all the work and pain of the past few months are just dim memories.

If you've never been to a Cowboy Entertainer Gathering before, either as a performer or as audience, then you are missing some great times and great memories. The past 8 or 9 years that I've been involved with these Western Performers has really been some of the best times of my life and I cherish each memory.

I'll get on here and put in some postings about the last couple of gatherings and shows I've been to and start being better about passing info out to the world.

No comments: