Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Patty's Day At the Sportsman's Bar in Island Park, Idaho

Colt Angel called me yesterday morning to ask me if I wanted to play in Island Park. Lots of lead time! Anyway, I managed to get my stuff together and get down there in time. It's actually less than a 2 1/2 hour drive to the Sportsman's Bar and it was a gorgeous drive! Down 287 through Ennis and up the Madison River. I can't imagine a better way to spend my afternoon than taking a drive through Montana in the springtime.

Anyway, we had a great time down there, playing the old Country dance songs and a few originals. The crowd was very appreciative and I even sold a CD! You don't get many CD sales at a bar gig, normally. I thought of something I'm going to say at Bar gigs from now on though. Someone always wants to buy me a drink and I usually don't drink at all when I'm playing and certainly not when I'm facing a 2+ hour drive home. Anyway, instead of buying me two or three drinks during the night, just buy one of my CDs. you'll have something to show for your money and I'll be able to afford a little more gas!

I haven't played with a band for a long time. I'm so used to playing a single or maybe a duo with a rehearsed partner that the band thing is really different. It was a lot of fun and we clicked very well. Everything sounded as if we'd actually practiced...even my originals!

I've got a video of Colt at my youtube channel that you might enjoy.

Have fun out ther y'all!

No comments: