Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wayne is doing great!

Well, I made it as far as American Falls today and I'm staying with Wayne Nelson. He's the same old Wayne. We've been jammin a little, he's doing some recording and everything seems pretty good.

Of course, he's got to watch his diet and that sort of thing from now on...like the rest of us. He's joined the rather large sub-organization of the Cowboy Poets of Idaho...diabetic/heart problems. We need to fund a retirement home for us. We can sit around and talk about our blood sugar levels and what we used to eat!

Bill Chiles, John Westbrook, Layle Bagley, Gordon Peterson....and many others welcome Wayne to our little group.

I'll be trying to keep up with what I see at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko this weekend and put something on the blog about it each day. That's my goal. Now, let's see how well I do.

No comments: