Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fall and Winter pictures: Broadwater County, Montana

One of the nice folks who have viewed and commented here mentioned that I should post some Montana pictures.



This first one is of Mt. Baldy, about 20 miles NE of Townsend, Montana.

The one with all the snow and looking DOWN the mountain is from almost at the southern edge of the base of Baldy, looking SW, towards Townsend. There's a little haze in the air so you can't see town in the picture. This second one is the picture I used for my Big Sky Dreams CD cover.

Actually, I am from West Yellowstone, Montana; the West entrance to Yellowstone National Park. So, I have hundreds of YNP area pictures, many from back in the 20s and 30s. I guess I'll post some of those in the future.

A couple of my songs, "Big Sky Dreams" and "Listen to the Wind", are written with the theme of living outside Montana and wishing I was home. TJ Casey has a really great song about his love for Montana called "It's in the Blood".

Many of the Western Music and Cowboy Poetry performers write about their homes as our surroundings are a big part of who and what we are.

Incidentally; for those who don't know...there IS a difference between "Country" and "Western" music. To paraphrase what I read in the Western Way magazine last year; Western Music is about the life, work, surroundings or history of the cowboy. Did i tell you all this already? Well, that's ok; it bears repeating!

Anyway, thanks for checking in with us once in a while and I hope to hear from more folks here soon.

1 comment:

Sherrykins said...

Larry,
Noticing those beautiful Montana mountain pictures....was that for me? Thanks for sharing. :)