Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I'm now an Official Elko Reject

"Dear Larry:

Thank you for submitting an application for the 2008 Gathering. This year there were nearly 200 submissions and we continue to be heartened by the creativity and talent inspired by normal western life as demonstrated by these submissions. The Selection Committee, none of whom are members of the Western Folklife Center's staff, had a difficult time choosing the final performers. Unfortunately, you were not selected to be a featured performer this year."

Oh well, can't win 'em all. Now, I can attend our Elko Rejects Gathering as a full fledged member. I want the T-shirt concession!

Things are warming up for the summer. John Westbrook and I, together and separately, will be in Virginia City, Dillon, Belgrade and West Yellowstone, Montana this weekend. We should be in Virginia City together Thursday, I'll be in West Yellowstone Friday while John is in VC, then we'll both be in VC and Dillon Saturday, he'll do a private party in Belgrade Sunday while I'm back in VC and then I'm back in West Yellowstone on Monday. Should be an interesting weekend. I guess I'll find out if that "high mileage vehicle" oil makes a difference! I'm to the point now where I spend more on my oil consumption than my gas. Poor old pickup.

The real test will be the trip to Elgin, Oregon on the 23rd to play at the Lost Horse Ranch out there.

Anyway, back to work here. Lots to do before I can take off for the weekend trips.

1 comment:

TRUTHMONGER said...

Any local rock musicians want to get together and jam? I'm living in Wells so I can take care of my sick Mom. I have 8 songs posted at http://hdeanberry.com if you'd like to check them out. I know they're a little rough around the edges but you can help me polish them.

Thanks for your time.