Sunday, February 28, 2010

Getting my summer set up

I had a good day today, getting several shows set up for this summer. I'm really looking forward to it as my winter income is slim and I'm a little tired of being on the ragged edge of financial disaster all the time!

I've been learning some new songs for my set lists lately too. New for me, anyway. I finally found one that I've been looking for for years. I used to hear this on the radio in West Yellowstone all the time and for some reason it has stuck in my head. Now I'm able to learn it. "Dirty Old Man" by George Hamilton IV.

I use youtube a lot for finding and learning songs. It's really good when there is a good video of the rythm guitar player and I can actually watch what I have to do for my part.

Another one I'm working on is "Rack 'em Up" by: Johnny Lang. It's a blues style song and I'm kind of struggling to get it right.

Anyway, y'all have a good time out there and I hope to be back out on the trail soon.

No comments: