Friday, July 20, 2007

Off to West Yellowstone again

Well, I'm getting packed up for another weekend in West Yellowstone. There's a hard pill to swallow, huh? Anyway, I've got a regular Friday and Monday gig at the Parade Rest Ranch near West and I go down there on Friday; hang around over the weekend, do my show on Monday and come home. It's that "hanging around" part that I want to mention.

I've used some of my time to just "Listen to the Wind" the last couple of weeks and my Spirit has gotten a little more mellow because of it. I spent one weekend up on the Madison Plateau, just playing my flute, reading a little and sitting still, looking off across the valley. It's still just as pretty as it was 30 years ago when I was young enough to not have to worry about work.
Last Sunday, I helped Bob Jacklin with his Sunday free Flycasting Clinic. I haven't helped Bob with that kind of thing for a long time and it was lots of fun. I'm hoping to get a chance to do the same this coming Sunday.
Well, have fun out there with your real jobs. I'm on my way to West to make a few bucks and maybe catch a fish or two.

1 comment:

Muskiedine said...

I find you quit interesting. wish you well in yellowstone.